Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Work great, just make sure you're buying the right one for your application

Works great. Was pretty easy to install. Only install problem I had was trying to cram it in the small space I had. This programmable switch is much larger (depth) than a standard switch. I actually installed two side by side so it was a bit of a challenge to push all the wires in.

Also, note this model requires a minimum of 40 watts to work. This means you need at least 4 CFL lights for it to work correctly. I had two CFLs at 13 watts each and when the light was in the off position they were constantly flickering. If I turned the switch into the on position everything was normal. I swapped out my CFLs for standard incandecent lights and everything is working great. Amazon sells a different model that doesn't have this 40 watt minimum requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment