Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lov'in it

I did quite a bit of research before purchasing an in wall light switch timer and I got it wrong the first time. I purchased the same model, but it was single pole and not a 3 Way switch. Easy return to Amazon and only paid return shipping.

I have an older house 1960's, so I was a little confused with the wiring, but the installation instructions are very straight forward and simple. Just make sure you are installing the timer according to the correct part of the installation instructions. The "headers": One pole, original 3W and new 3W were a little hard for me to distinguish from at first.

Programming the timer is even simpler. I have it on seven days with individual on/off times and it was super easy to find my longitude and latitude through their site. Over-all very intuitive.

My timer operates one outdoor flood light that has two spots on it. They have two 23 Watt flourescents ( which = 90 Watt standard bulbs ). Combined that is 46 Watts which reaches the timers 40-Watt minimum. The flourescents work perfectly as well as the timers 7 day on and off programming. Flawless.

I love the fact that you can turn off or place the back-lit screen on low. I have it off. When the timer is on ( lights on ) a small blue light in the lower corner is visible which is a great feature and is not distracting.

My only concern is that this particular timer does not have a back up battery or does it? The package says "permanent memory for program and settings." Almost all the other Aube timers in this price range list a back up power battery. For some reason I cannot find that on this one, but permanent should be permanent. I guess I'll find out after a power outage which we get quite often.

I am extremely pleased with this product.

***UPDATE:

Just got hit with the first blizzard of the season. Not surprisingly we lost power. Only for a few hours in the early morning hours, but the unit kept its program and ran perfectly. I am more than Lov'in it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment